Friday, 9 March 2012

Fine Art America Contest-Landscapes with Trees and Water

I joined a Fine Art America group a couple weeks ago and have been invited to participate in a contest showing fine art and photography involving trees and water in the landscape.

I entered my most recent oil painting called Autumn Woodland Stream and my pastel painting called Springtime Reflected so they might be considered for the contest. There are many other beautiful entries from other photographers and fine artists as well.

Autumn Woodland Stream, Oil on Canvas, 25x16"
Click link to vote for Autumn Woodland Stream, once on the page you can then click the next arrow to vote for Springtime Reflected: http://fineartamerica.com/contests/landscapes-with-trees-and-water.html?tab=vote&artworkid=3169404

Springtime Reflected, Pastel on Board, 12x16
Please drop by to vote between March 19 to March 26, 2012.

Thank you, Barbara.




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Barbara. Specially I love your pastel - springtime reflected. Such a wonderful work, beautiful colors.
    Have a nice weekend and lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marja, yes I liked this picture as well and submitted the original to an auction benefiting Dystonia last autumn where it did sell to raise money for this affliction.

    You have a lovely weekend as well,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dropping you a note to tell you how much I enjoy your pastels. I discovered you on Pinterest and I wanted to see more. I have owned a frame shop for over twenty years and have seen a tremendous amount of art, but your art stands out above the rest. There are a couple of things that really stand out to me, first your coloring pulls me in and warms me up. It reminds me of that twilight feeling before a storm when you step outside and the coloring is so beautiful. I also love your bit of abstract, everyone of your scenery paintings give me the feeling of so much detail without much detail. I love that. I could go on and on, but I just wanted you to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, thank you for the kind words about my work. You must see lots of art and photography if you own a frame shop, it sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete